100 Best Road Trip Songs To Sing In The Car
Nothing makes a great road trip like an epic road trip playlist!
Truth be told, choosing the right music is a fundamental part of setting the mood of your trip. Who hasn’t ever dream about cruising a scenic state like, for example, California, jamming to some great songs? I know I certainly have.
In this post, I have gathered the 100 best road trip songs ever for you to enjoy on your next adventure.
The 100 best road trip songs
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Paris – Magic Man
- Obsessed – Mariah Carey
- Break my heart – Dua Lipa
- Drivers License – Olivia Rodrigo
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
- How to be a heartbreaker – Marina and the Diamonds
- Drive by – Train
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- Cardigan – Taylor Swift
- SOS – Jonas Brother
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- Hey There Delilah – Plain White T’s
- It Wasn’t Me – Shaggy
- Party in the USA – Miley Cyrus
- Sunset Lover – Petit Biscuit
- Dance Money – Tones and I
- 7 Summers – Morgan Wallen
- Nightrider – Arizona Zervas
- Mr. Brightside – The Killers
- Welcome to my life – Simple Plan
- Safe and Sound – Capital Cities
- Sabve your tears- The Weeknd
- Electric Feel MGMT
- Shape of you – Ed Sheeran
- Wake me up – Avicii
- Thunder – Imagine Dragons
- Fast Car – Jonas Blue and Dakota
- Pumped up kicks – Madism, MKJ and Felix Samuel
- No Diggity – Blackstreet
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams – Green Day
- All Star – Smah Mouth
- High Hopes – Panic! At Dhe Disco
- We are never getting back together – Tayloe Swift
- Sucker – Jonas Brothers
- Dog Days are over – Florence + The Machine
- Stereo Hearts – Gym Class Heroes and Adam Levine
- Love Yourself – Justin Bieber
- Troublemaker – Olly Murs and Flo Rida
- Ready or not – Bridgit Mendler
- We don’t talk anymore – Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez
- Crazy in love – Beyoncé and Jay-z
- Beauty And A Beat – Justin Bieber
- Another One Bites The Dust – Queen
- Under Pressure – Queen and David Bowie
- Riptide – Vance Joy
- The Man Who Can’t Be Moved – The Script
- Shallow – Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
- Let Her Go – Passanger
- This Love – Maroon 5
- Team – Lorde
- Adore You – Harry Styles
- Part of Me – Katy Perry
- Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
- The A Team – Ed Sheeran
- I Miss You – Blink – 182
- What Makes You Beautiful – One Direction
- Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
- Jessie’s Girl – Rick Springfield
- American Girl – Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- My Life – Billy Joel
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Everybody Wants To Rule The World – Tears for Fears
- Levitating – Dua Lipa and DaBaby
- I Knew You Were Trouble – Taylor Swift
- Shout Out To My Ex – Little Mix
- Blank Space – Taylor Swift
- Put Your Records On – Rit Momney
- Everybdy Talks – Neon Trees
- Starsjips – Nicki Minaj
- Good as Hell – Lizzo
- I Like Me Better – Lauv
- Love Myself – Hailee Steinfeild
- Payphone – Maroon 5
- South of the Border – Ed Sheerean, Camila Cabello and Cardi B
- California Gurls – Katy Perry
- Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
- Ridin’ Solo – Jason Derulo
- One Last Time – Ariana Grande
- Lush Life – Zara Larsson
- Time of Our Lives – Pitbull
- Best Day Of My Life – American Authors
- Dancing Queen – ABBA
- Home – Edward Sharpe & The Magnecit Zeros
- You’re The One That I Want – John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John
- You’ve Got A Friend In Me – Michael Bublé
- With A Little Help From My Friends – Ringo Starr
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- American Pie – Don McLean
- Drive My Car – The Beatles
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight – The Tokens
- Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
- Style – Taylor Swift
- See You Again – Miley Cyrus
- One Call Away – Charlie Puth
- Glad You Came – The Wanted
- Crush – David Archuleta
- Unconditionally – Katy Perry
- The Sweet Escape – Gwen Stefani and Akon
Tips for an epic road trip
Here are some bonus tips for an epic road trip:
Bring yummy snacks with you
Apart from listening to the 100 best road trip songs ever, another thing that will make your trip much more enjoyable is taking with you a good variety of yummy snacks.
Make sure to get travel insurance
Getting good travel insurance is a must when going on a long road trip. Personally, I really like the one from World Nomads.
Clean your car before and after your trip
Completely cleaning your car before heading out for a road trip is going to make your trip much more smooth and organized. You will thank yourself later!
Plan your stops
Plan your rest stops before you even leave home! It is crucial to stop and stretch your legs every once in a while during a road trip.
Check your vehicle before you go
To avoid any unexpected troubles with your car, ask your favorite mechanic to check your car’s fluid levels, brakes, tires, etc.
Make sure to get plenty of rest
Getting a good night of sleep before heading out on a road trip is fundamental! This will help you to stay alert, drive better and be more present.
Know your limits
Make sure not to drive more than you know you can to avoid burnout and accidents, especially if your trip takes several days.
5 Amazing road trips to take in the United States
If you feel like planning a road trip but you are still unsure where to go, I got you!
Here are some of the best road trips in the country.
1- Miami to Key West – Overseas Highway
The 165 miles between Miami and Key West make for one of the most scenic road trips in the whole country.
It is a good idea to have 3 or 4 days available so you can stop on the other Florida Keys along the way.
Popular stops: Everglades, Islamorada, Turtle Hospital, Dolphin Research Center, and Kery Largo.
2- Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway
The Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway connects California’s Lassen National Park with Crater Lake in Oregon.
Popular stops: Petroglyph Point, Crater Lake, Fort Klamath, and Bear Valley National Wildlife Refuge.
3- Route 66
Route 66 is the most iconic road trip ever!
The iconic “Mother Road” is one of the US Highway System’s original routes, starts in Chicago, and goes all the way across the country to Santa Monica.
Popular stops: Cadillac Ranch, The Milk Bottle Grocery, Route 66 Hall of Fame Museum, and Santa Monica Pier.
4- Highway 1 to Big Sur
Driving the Pacific Coast Highway is a dream for any road trip lover.
This road is one of the most famous in the world and goes through some of the most amazing places in California.
Popular stops: Monterey, 17-Mile Drive, Carmel By The Sea, Point Lobos State Reserve, and Garrapata Beach.
5- Going-to-the-sun Road
This remarkable road was first built as a way to encourage people to visit more National Parks.
It goes through Montana’s Glacier National Park, the Rockies, and over the Continental Divide at Logan Pass.
Popular stops: West Glacier, Glacier National Park Welcome Sign, Lake McDonald Viewpoint, Avalanche Creek, Big Bend, and many many more.
Wrap-up: Epic road trip playlist
That’s a wrap! I really hope you loved our selection of the 100 best road trip songs and that it makes your next road trip way more fun.
For more travel tips, make sure to follow me on Instagram.